About the APA
- To promote and protect the standard-bred poultry industry in all its phases.
- To continue the publication of the American Standard of Perfection with breed and variety descriptions for all the recognized purebred fowl.
- To encourage and protect poultry shows as being the show window of our industry, an education for both breeders and public, and a means of interesting young future poultry keepers in taking up poultry.
- To assist, encourage and help educate the junior poultry keeper to the sound and practical value of standard-bred poultry and pure breeding.
- Towards these goals the APA supports sanctioned meets at poultry shows all over the US and Canada, including an Annual meet and a Semi-Annual meet. Individual members earn points at these shows toward becoming a Master Exhibitor, as well as receiving awards from the association.
- The APA publishes a quarterly newsletter and an annual yearbook. The newsletter is sent to all members and the yearbook is sent to individual members and Endowment Trust members.
- The yearbook features many different articles, membership listings, advertisements, APA licensed judges and master exhibitor information.