APA Richard Stevens Scholarship
The American Poultry Association Richard Stevens Scholarship
1. The scholarship is available to anyone who wishes to pursue any type of educational program beyond a traditional high school education. This could include study at a traditional four-year college, two-year community or technical college, college graduate studies, or any program that will expand the applicant’s opportunities. The applicant must be a graduating high school senior or have already graduated or received their GED.
2. The applicant must have been a member of the American Poultry Association for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
3. For applicants who are or will be current high school graduates or those within five years of high school graduation, a minimum grade point average of a C+ (2.3 on a 4-point scale) will be required. A copy of their high school transcript must accompany the application. For those applicants who left high school five or more years ago, they must provide either a high school diploma or evidence that they have obtained a GED. For those applicants that wish to use the funds for a graduate program, a copy of their undergraduate transcript must be submitted with the application.
4. The applicant must attend a college, university, technical school, or other program that is in the United States or Canada.
5. Applications will be available on the APA’s website (https://amerpoultryassn.com/scholarship/form/) on or before April 1, 2023. You will need to login as an APA member to access the application. The reference forms will be available on the public portion of the site. Each applicant must have reference forms completed by two people, one of whom must be an APA member. Applications and reference forms may also be obtained from the APA Office. The completed application, two reference forms, and any other necessary documentation must be submitted by May 15, 2023 to the APA Secretary. The number and value of the scholarships to be awarded will be determined by the APA Board of Directors in early 2023. The two reference forms may not be submitted by relatives or guardians of the applicant.
6. The applicant must use the funds awarded within one year of being notified of their selection as the recipient.